Since we moved down here to Virginia, I've been on the look out for fun family outings for u.s.a. to keep. We managed a trip downward to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum for my birthday, and as well a fun visit to the National Zoo, simply since the weekends have been mainly devoted to grocery shopping and errands, we haven't gotten out as much as I'd like.

Then Mon, Ant took the twenty-four hours off work so we could all get to a pumpkin farm almost fifteen min. from our house. Cox farms wasn't exactly what I was thinking about when I was planning to pick out a pumpkin, but nosotros all had a wonderful time! In the end it was probably much more fun for Reli than going out in a field but to selection a pumpkin and turn effectually to go home.

This was much more of a Fall Festival since they don't abound their own pumpkins on site. There are dozens of slides, big and small, a hayride, farm critters to pet/feed, a corn maze, straw bale tunnels, and the all important apples, cider, and kettle corn. They also allow you pick out a tiny little pumpkin for each person on the style out (which was large enough for our purposes) or yous can buy the larger carving pumpkins by the pound.

I don't remember I've been in so many pictures since my wedding, just Emmet was trying to figure out how to utilise the new "fancy" camera for most of the day. I think we concluded upwardly with over 300 shots of the top of Reli's head before the twenty-four hour period was over. (Anyone know how to get a two yr old to actually await at the camera? ; )

Over all we spent an astonishing four hours out in the cute sunshine with smiles on our faces.

(Nosotros haven't seen anything but pelting in weeks, and we actually got a piddling sunday burned!)

I hope the remainder of you lot are all able to get out and enjoy the fall season

with the pumpkins, apples, or even just the colorful leaves!

post signature